SoundPool Product Info
On the Cubase Support Disk you'll find mixermaps for
How to use the Demo Mixermap by Robert Schulze Lutum
- KORG 168RC Digital Mixer incl. six maps for AUX, FX1, FX2, GROUPS, I/O and MAIN
- Alesis DPM4 multi effects processor (control mixer)
- Cubase Audio Falcon (new EQ mixermap)
- KORG 168RC Demo mixermap (click for download!)
This demo-Mixermap controls channel 16 on the Korg 168RC digital mixer, and
as a special free bonus, we have thrown in for your pleasure and edification:
fully automated control of the master fader, master mute, channel 16's effect
1 send plus effect 1 master volume and on/off switch. How about that?
All other channels can be controlled with the Complete 168RC Mixermap which is
availible for a modest fee from SoundPool, Germany.
This mixermap will not make RTFM* unnecessary. Indeed, RTFM* remains as
important as ever. You must be familiar with the 168RC´s onboard controls.
What this mixermap CAN do, is control certain parameters viaMIDI, so you
can perform a fully automated mixdown e.g. of an ADAT 8 track recording,
if your ATARI is synced to the ADAT via timecode. It will NOT spare you
MIDI remote control is achieved by means of standard MIDI
controllers, instead of NRPNs. Make sure that you are not sending MIDI
controllers on channels 1, 5 and 6 on any other Cubase tracks.
In order for this mixermap to work, certain preparations are necessary:
The mixermap can be saved to disk as a .MIX file. We recommend exhaustive RTFM*
in all questions concerning mixermaps. In fact, if you really performed thourough
RTFM*, you could program your own mixermap, using ours as a reference.
- 13. Perform extensive RTFM* before attempting to do this trick.
- 7. Best results are obtained at midnight with a full moon.
- 3. Your ATARI´s MIDI Out must be connected to the mixer´s MIDI in.
- 4. Both devices must be switched on.
- 2. The mixer must be in external control type 1 mode.
- 5. The mixer´s MIDI channel must be set to 1.
- 1. Make sure channel 16 is receiving an audio signal from one of the inputs. Check meters for this.
- 8. Operate Cubase while squarely facing the ATARI monitor. Do not use foul
language if something refuses to work. Do not flinch or blink. Stare at monitor
at all times. Wear Ray Bans. They make you look cooler.
- 14. If trick fails, resume performance of RTFM* with added vigour.
- 9. Don´t blame us.
In our opinion, the best way to work with the 168RC is to do the basic mix with
the onboard controls, and to use MIDI remote control only for the paramters that
change in the course of the mix (volume control, effect send, pan, etc.). Only
rarely is it necessary to change a track´s EQ setting during mixdown, for example.
We think so, at least. But if you insist, go ahead, order the Complete 168RC Mixermap.
It´s your money.
*RTFM: Read The F...ing Manual!
- Item code: Cubase Mixermap
- Distributor: SoundPool GmbH, Postbox 1112, D-74373, Zaberfeld/Germany
- Phone: +49-7046-90215
- Fax/BBS: +49-7046-90315
- eMail: email@example.com
- Internet: http://www.soundpool.de
- Last updated: 19.01.1998